Franconia Notch, NH

Franconia Notch, NH

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Product review- Sea to Summit 35 Liter hydraulic dry bags

Product review-
Sea to Summit 35 Liter hydraulic dry bags



I purchased two of these dry bags for their large size, and reviews of strength and durability. I also like the fact that they each have 4 tie down loops, making them very easy to mount to the top of my panniers, or strap to my hiking backpack. With the roll-top closures, its practically a guaranteed waterproof seal. The buckles have replaceable metal pins, in the rare even that they break. The overall quality of these dry bags are superb, and what I have come to find from most Sea to Summit equipment. The 35 liter is the perfect size to fit on top of my motorcycle panniers, and for a backrest or top duffel bag, they offer bigger sizes in the hydraulic series, which I believe are all strong enough to resist abrasion or holes from abrasion, rocks, and whatever else you run into. I certainly feel that this is true.

Driving over Bighorn Pass, WY
On my bike, I put my clothes in these bags, usually in another compression bag to make the most of the space. On my mountaineering backpack, it straps perfectly where the tent or sleeping bag is meant to go, and is often what i put in it. My large sleeping bag, bivy and a small blanket will all fit in them. When I was working at a fishing camp in Alaska, I would often toss my tablet in one and bring it out on the boat, to watch a movie while we waited for the tide to turn. I feel the price of these is also quite reasonable, for their quality. I would absolutely recommend these to anyone interested in keeping their gear or clothes dry in the outdoors, as these can apply to almost any activity and will be sure to hold up to whatever you put them through.

Hiking New Hampshire

No comments:

Post a Comment